Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

[photos] Journey along the canal of Ourcq

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Thu 01 Mar, 2007 00:17

The canal of Ourcq is really not far from Liewen and I's flat and a bicycle road is following the canal going leaving Paris and going to the North-East.

Here are some unusual pictures of Paris' suburb, taken sunday january 14th during which we've decided to make our legs a little bit strong ;)

This first picture is a pic of "Les grands Moulins de Pantin", a relic of a great "industrial golden age" ended today...

If you click on the pic, I've made a very long introduction about this pic on Caedes. Already this site has been a lot more destructed, soon to be replaced by offices.

Another relic of this industrial age. This impressive buiding seems to be now a squat. I've not dared yet to get in :D

Now this is the real nightmare of french big cities' suburbs. Not difficult to imagine how people can get mad living in such unhuman desperate places :?

Hopefully art is still here to escape the daily reality ;)

A few weeks after this journey we've convinced other to join us with my sister, her boyfriend and Nau. The weather was much better and the pictures are in the gallery below :D

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Geeks around the World”