Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Re: Race07 and/or GTR: Evolution

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Tue 23 Jun, 2009 23:05

Good news is that Steam works perfectly under Wine/Linux.

Bad news is that ATI has decided to no longer work on their cards drivers for Windows XP and Linux. I have an ATI Radeon X1400 Mobility and to be able to activate 3D acceleration I would have to go back to the former version of Ubuntu :p

:tears:

A.I
legend
legend
Steam ID: Mongoose182
Xbox Live ID: Jimmy FTW

Postby A.I » Wed 24 Jun, 2009 00:52

Albatross wrote:Did you give it a try yet, bud?

I find the WTCC cars particularly fun, though there are lots of faster beasts if you can control them :)

Whole lot seem stupid to control. The Caterhams understeer dramatically, The Radicals are prone to silly spins and strangely the Aston DBRS9 (And more so the standard DBR9) which are usually in other sims very good handling racers cannot race the Nurburgring. They are that wide and the track once into the Endurance part of it is so thin that clipping the grass even slightly results in a major loss of control as the track just isnt wide enough for you to handle the sideways movement before clipping the grass on the other side.

All that said though, other sims ive played (PGR//Forza) where consoles where pressure sensitivity plays a major role, Whereas on the keyboard (and even if you set a 360 control to work on your Computer :gj: ) throttle//brakes are on or off. Will take some getting used to it seems.

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Wed 24 Jun, 2009 00:55

Do you own Forza 2 ?

=> viewtopic.php?f=95&t=7999 We could try one race one of these days ;)

Albatross
earl
earl

Postby Albatross » Wed 24 Jun, 2009 18:57

Hate to burst your bubble, but games like PGR and Forza aren't actually sims, they're more arcade racers which give the illusion of simulation :)

GTR Evo is very much a sim, wher cars will understeer and oversteer dramatically if you get your speed wrong into a corner, get your braking too late, are on the wrong line and, as you mentioned, get a wheel on the grass ;)

Are you using keyboard? Because that really is the least friendly way of controlling it, many use steering wheel setups, though I have just a Logitech Dual Action gamepad (similar to a PS2 controller)

You really need that analogue control! :D

A.I
legend
legend
Steam ID: Mongoose182
Xbox Live ID: Jimmy FTW

Postby A.I » Wed 24 Jun, 2009 22:43

Using an Xbox 360 control. As they are wireless and I have a wireless receiver left over from a wireless microphone that didnt quite work out I fiddled around and got a little program called Xpadder that allows you to bind the controls on your keyboard keys to buttons on the pad.

P.S No Chev I dont have Forza 2, I played it while round a friends a couple times. Was going to buy it but never quite got round to it.

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 19 Jul, 2009 14:49

I'll be able to use my wheel these holidays (it is at my parents place. Would take far to much place on our flat :D) and have a paddle too.

Albie, would you mind stoping by HERE (private forum) and giving us your steam ID please ? :)

Albatross
earl
earl

Postby Albatross » Tue 19 Jan, 2010 16:04

Videos from races 1 and 2 of HCC5: Round 1 at Oulton Park:

Race 1
Race 2

Racing as Berger van Driver in a white and black Bacardi sponsored Seat Toledo :)

Albatross
earl
earl

Postby Albatross » Thu 11 Feb, 2010 13:44

A couple more videos from Rounds 2 and 3 of the series (my colleague making the other races is lagging behind, the lazy git, so only race 2 of each event for the moment ;))

Round 2 - Old Ring Park Indy - Race 2

Round 3 - AMS Renault Test Track - Race 2

Return to “Gamers Unite!”